Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

First post of 2018

I had hope to get some work on the layout done on my winter break.  That sorta happened.  I replaced the bridge that hides the hole in the wall to the helix/hidden staging with a wider one.  I also want get started with scenery building in Parker but that lead to a newer future project: a large lumber facility.  Trackage could have been laid by now but I had to order a #4 turnout for the tank car spur. 

Let's get some pics going:
Here is the area the bridge will be replaced.  I had a narrow two lane bridge.

My good friend Greg McComas did some sketches for the OSB (oriented strand board) plant or one that makes
particle board.  It will receive woodchips and tanks of resin and ship the lumber.  
This will be the layout of the trackage of the plant.  The sharp curve with the arrows are the mainline.

The bridge was built from sheet styrene and left over Rix bridge pieces.   This was before I painted the underneath gray.  Why mismatching under pieces?  This part won't be visible.  

Footers had to re-dug to fit the next bridge supports.

Other footers done.

Here's the new bridge in all it's glory.  Decided to add stripes with decals.  That still needs to be done.


No comments:

Post a Comment