Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Throwback Tuesday: Trailer style

Found a piggyback trailer a couple of weeks ago and I could not believe it's in service just down the road from me.  A local sawmill has a 40 foot Santa Fe piggyback trailer that they have converted to a woodchip trailer.  Here it is in all it's glory in 2014:
Best pic I could take,
 It also reminds of the Rock Island Trailer I saw here in the area at a Local BJ's wholesale club.  It was marked for RFPZ.  The RF&P railroad bought a bunch when the RI was going down
Used tire storage at a local BJ's wholesale club.  Not back shape either!




No comments:

Post a Comment