Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Monday, July 14, 2014

A week off from the layout: VACATION

Taking a week off from the layout and life in general to vacation with my family in the Outer Banks in NC.  I have not been down here since the mid 1980's!  During the down time, I'm going to plan out what exactly I want to complete on the layout when I get back.  Orange has ran into a dilemma.  The cassette will not provide enough room for a run-around exchange track for the VMID.  So, I may have to bring trains down to Orange double headed to work the exchange.  I do have one industry in Orange and I may still do the run-around cassette so the local doesn't have to be double headed.  If you don't know railroad lingo, double headed means a loco on the front and the rear of the train.  Some of the CSX locals in our area do this and we have a coal train that comes up from Richmond that does this also.  The coal train runs north and then runs down a branch with the rear locos without having to run around it's train.

So here's whats on the agenda when I get home:

  1. Complete trackage in Orange including wiring
  2. Complete the cassette
  3. Start on the expansion above Orange.  
  4. Complete aggregate facility (Walthers kit)
  5. Complete scenery on expansion
I want to complete the scenery on the expansion of the aggregate facility because this is the first thing you see when you come into the layout room.

Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment