Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Lower level work has begun and so has the helix

Started packing my On30 items up yesterday and clearing them off of the lower level.  I had a On30 layout underneath Battlefield Yard and did an expansion past my work desk and under the VC yard.  Check out the older posts of the On30 layout:

http://virginiamidlandrr.blogspot.com/search/label/On30

The On30 track was all laid out and functioning.  It's nice because the track is the same as HO track and I can get a feel of what I have by running my HO trains down there.  I still have to take out the On30 track eventually.
VMID #281 giving me a feels of what lies ahead of the VM.  You can see BY directly above it. 

The other end.  There is a bridge crossing a canal between the 2 pictures.  The sand load spur will probably be where the hoppers are at the end.

Here's my helix in it's beginning stages.  Wanted to work in the garage but the near 0 degree temperatures made me stay inside.  the Helix kit is by Ashlin Designs out of Utah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment