Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Family Op. Session the other day

Decide I wanted to do a "modified" op session the other day with my oldest son Cameron who is 7.  He started off the session with the V100E out of Battlefield Yard with 8 cars.  A pretty health train.  He took the train out to Fredericksburg and started the switching.  He's not much of an switching engineer.  He just likes to run them, which my layout is not really set up for.  He switched out (me as the conductor) half the industries.  I ran 2 other trains to give him some clearing up to do.  My middle son, Camden who's 5 came in for the second trick and did quite well.  He picks up things quick and finished up the switching.  My daughter did make a guest appearance but did not stay long. 

Why are you taking pictures?  Cameron and Camden or "Bubba" in the background.

Bubba contemplating his next move.

Caroline checking out Bubbie's switching
The switching has just started

Industrial Drive during some action.

One of my favorite boxcars makes it's way into Specialized Beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment