Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Helix update

Got my helix as far as I could this past weekend.  Like most of my big projects, I usually run out of something.  I ran out of code 100 flex track in building the helix.  I though for sure I had enough but it would not be me if I had "everything"!  If you have ever built a helix, you know you have to lay track as you go up.  I used screws with finishing washers to attach the track to the helix.  It gives the track room to wiggle when it's in the garage.  I hope to get it completed this weekend.  Getting it installed would be great but probably not going to happen this weekend.  I'll try my best.  I plan on using code 83 track on the lower level so a transition area will be when the track is completely out of the curves of the helix.  More updates later.

Just getting started
My stopping point.  the helix has gone together quite well.  I'm only hoping it operates well also.  Still got to add bus wires. 

No comments:

Post a Comment