Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Scenery is complete at Orange: Video

Been in a scenery rush to get the lower level done at Orange.  The scene is like a upside down "T" when viewed.  I had to do the scenery in the back because it was unreachable unless you access it from the access hatch behind the fascia on the right.  It turned out better than I thought.  It has a building and road crossing.  You will see the building about halfway through the video.  Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Great video Shannon. I am surprised at how quickly this scene came together! You have discovered an interesting use of an otherwise "dead space" on a model railroad. Your idea has made me think about adding a helix to reach the lower areas beneath the benchwork. Thanks for sharing your model railroading adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wonderful comments Scott! I was in a hurry to get this section done as it was interfering with the fascia installations in the access area. so I double timed it and finished it. A lot of the details will not be seen but did them anyways. The trees and bushes hide a lot. As for under the benchwork, it was wasted space. Never had it in mind when I started the upper deck or only deck!

    ReplyDelete