Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Another long lost railroad trailer found in the area! A Reading trailer?

If you follow my posts regularly, you know I love to find old railroad relics that are still use today.  I stumbled upon another railroad trailer in the area and it's on the way to work.  Over the years, I've found these two trailers still in use today:

An old 40' Rock Island/RF&P trailer used for old tires at a local BJ's Warehouse and a Santa Fe piggy back trailer used for wood chips are a local sawmill:
Trailer pics

Here's the model of the Rock Trailer:
Rock Island Trailer model

This new trailer I found looks like it's been here a while as I have drove past it for years on the way to work.  It's a Reading trailer and the pic was not easily taken.  It's in someone's yard and I'm not pulling into their yard just to take a picture.  So, the one handed cell phone pic at 35 MPH was called for.  Took 3 days to get the best picture!  Could not find another picture of the exact trailer but a few with diamond logo. I never knew Reading had trailers!
First attempt at the drive by pic.  Darn sign and I need to zoom in a bit!

Second attempt at the picture.  Zoomed in a bit.  Neat diamond logo.

Today's picture.  The sun even cooperated.  Guess this trailer is from the 60's?



1 comment:

  1. Thank you this is great. Amazing logos so intact. Some RDG trailer pictures are in Morning Sun Books, Reading Color Guide to Freight and Passenger equipment. Have to say your image has nice detail. Do you know if any kit or RTR of this prototype is produced?

    ReplyDelete