Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Another Video: Tools & Tricks of the Trade

Shot another video the other night on tools that make modeling easier and a few tricks that also help you out.  Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I recall turning 40 and then around 42-43 going blind in about 3 months, ha! Optivisors and bifocals became my best friends in modeling. Now at 67 I can’t get enough light! I also recall many years ago going to the hobby shop asking for “a” #80 drill bit. Clerk laughed out loud and said something like you need to buy #80’s by the dozen, ha! Think I bought three and left with him still laughing. Since then, I buy small bits by the dozen....and nothing smaller than a #78. Smaller than that and they break just putting them in the pin vise! I too use the Micro-Mark drill holder in an electric screwdriver and highly recommend it. Nice video. Thanks and all the best, mike-g

    ReplyDelete