Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Sunday, July 23, 2017

150,000+ visits milestone

I just realized I had past 150,000 views on this blog.  Visits have really taken off in the last two years. If you guys are like me, a good blog is hard to resist.  When I stumble upon a new one, I can be there for hours! Thanks to all who have visited and I look forward to the return visits.  Thanks for all the emails and comments because if it was not for you guys, this post would not be possible! So lets see where we are in the last week of July:

  • We are past 253 posts. 
  • Last time I did this was at 200 posts and 93,000 views on February 20th 2016
  • Busiest month in number of views is July 2016 with 5374
  • This month is on target to be the 4th busiest month ever!
  • The first blog post was all the way back in December 2010!
Here are the top five posts of all time and they are were the same back at the 200th post!  

#1 2564 views:  From July 22nd 2014:
 Bench work on extension is almost done and bigger horsepower
This was about my extension for my aggregate loader.  Also had some new horsepower for the Virginia Midland.

#2 1607 views: From November 22nd 2012:
 Industry tour on the VMID Part I
This was a start of a tour on the industries on the layout.  This covered Klotz industries.  Don't know if I ever finished.  I redid this this past December with a video series.

#3 1303 views: From December 30th 2011:
The On30 Layout
At one time this blog covered 2 railroads.  I had a On30 layout on the lower level at one time.  Really loved it and it was the number one blog post for a long time.  There are several posts about the On30 layout on here.

#4 599 views: From January 13th 2014:
Scenery Update, USPS frustration and a sketch of the lower level trackage
Scenery in battlefield Yard and USPS madness.  Also the beginnings of the lower level.

#5 421 views: From August 17th 2011:
Detailing late RF&P GP40's and GP40-2's Part I
Detailing RF&P Geeps.  There was a second part to this also: Detailing RF&P Geeps Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment