Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday evening track work

Not a whole lot happens on the Virginia Midland on the weekdays, but I've been trying to get better during the week to get a few things done if possible.  Thirty minutes to an hour is what I try to squeeze in if possible, per day.  Tonight, I continued to get the new trackage down to at least get trains running again.  Trying to get the best possible plan is always fun.  I have not changed much, but the tedious work continued.
Nothing new here just upgrading roadbed and adding a longer Tortoise wire.

Had to move the desk out to get to what I was working on.  It's nice to be sitting down to work!

This is my main work area right now.  Many tools are a necessity for track laying.  




The boxcars are on the continuous run track and a leg of the wye.  The straight track towards the wall will lead to the helix.  That track leading to the helix will also have a passing siding.  

Overall view of the area I'm working on.  The turnout on thr bottom of the pic goes to an industry spur.  I had to move the bridge too.  The background on the right will be replaced also.  

No comments:

Post a Comment