Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Monday, February 22, 2016

New Video: Installing working signals on your layout

I've had a few emails over the last year asking me about my working signals on the layout.  Well, the last email from Philip H. got me motivated tot do a how-to-video.  I get turned off with the block detection and JMRI concept of controlling the signals.  Lots of work to get it to operate and expensive components.  I've added toggles on my fascia to control the signals on the layout.  Adds another component to running trains!  Let me know if you have any questions!

2 comments:

  1. Please don't post videos about electrical circuits if you have no idea what you're doing.
    For example: The LED goes out when you change the direction switch because that's a DC circuit and you're changing the polarity of the terminals. (Changes the direction of a DC loco.)
    Paul O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last time I checked, this is my blog. I can post whatever I'd like to. Since you are such a great modeler, lets see you blog with your model railroad and your signals that go with it. Oh by the way, the how to videos also!

      Delete