Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Summer is upon me!

Well, most people get excited about the summertime because of the warm weather and heading on vacations.  I get excited because I get a lot of time off (since I am a teacher) and I am not as busy as I have been with teaching/coaching.  Well that time is upon me.  We finish up school this week and I got a million projects slated as usual this summer.  I got several freight car/locomotive projects sitting on my smaller desk right now.   None of them are really calling my name right now.  I do have some cars to do for customer of mine so that project will move to the top.  After that, my main objective is to complete my track on the bottom level.  This mainly consists of the town of Orange.  I'm also going to redo right above Orange where my sand unloading operation is.  I have a better option for silos and removing track is needed.  I hope to make that trackage a little better.
This is a pic of under the layout.  The trackage is laid to the far corner.  This area will be a shadow box with a possible wye.

Here is an overview of were Orange will be.  I'll have to move my junk holder on the shelf.  I also want to redo the sand hopper unloading area above.  I may knockout 2 birds with one stone here.  Might even take out the river scene.  This is some of my first scenery and while most is fine some of it, like the ballast sucks.

I always like how this scene turned out. 
Last area to finish on the top level is near the team track.  Might just put some more trees in on a bluff.

My newest train show find.  Picked it up for $35.  This RS36 will be the new VC power replacing the GP35's for now.  Hope to finish it this week.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good my friend. You should have a lot of fun and I should get to live vicariously through you! Enjoy & please share often!

    ReplyDelete