Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Expansion thoughts

So as I close in on completing my scenery on the Virginia Midland layout, I ponder what I can actually model on the lower level.
  • more rural scenes with less industries.  Definitely a sand loading plant.
  • the sand plant would not be modeled but a spur to the plant would be all I need.
  • bench work is built for the most part.
  • lighting is installed and working
  • reconfigure the RF&P interchange from Battlefield Yard (BY) to exchanging in the main VM siding/run-  around track
  • trains could run out of BY to the helix and to the lower level.
  • Bench work would have to be built for the NS interchange
  • A branch line to the sand plant?
VMID #274 on the On30 track on the lower level

This area is directly under the VC yard.  The helix would bring trains to this area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment