Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Monday, April 4, 2016

Spring break is over?

Well it is and I went back to work today after a week off.  I did get a few things done, model railroad related.  Redoing floors took up most of the break and I didn't even complete it.  I replaced some old Atlas Selectors on my control panel with toggle switches.  This will free up some much needed space for a rural scene in St. Just on the lower level.
An original part of the layout for all the powered switches in the Fredericksburg industrial area.  I'll add the blocks to this by way of toggle switches.  

This piece to the right of the control panel will be removed.  The layout is separated by blocks from when it was DC powered at one time.  I left it like that to help find shorts and to cut off track power if not needed.   

This triangle area across from CVS will be some farm fields and a old barn/house.  I will use trees to hide the tracks leading off to the left.

Toggles are installed and some still need to be labeled.  Easier to figure out what toggle controls what.

No comments:

Post a Comment