Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Valley Forge RPM meet recap

A recap on the Valley Forge RPM meet is finally here.  I'm on spring break this week but here it is Tuesday night and I'm been going nonstop since the weekend.  I hope to get some work done in the layout room and have gotten a few things accomplished.  Want to do this write up last week but did not have the time.  So here we are.  The Valley Forge meet is a every 2 year meet.  They do the odd years near Pittsburgh.  This one was near Philly.  Good drive up on Saturday morning and did not realize it was $16 in tolls to get up there.  I'm sorry, but a $8 toll is ridiculous!  It was somewhere up there by the Susquehanna River on I-95.  My presentation went well and was about 30-35 people in attendance.   Lots of top notch and who's who presenters like Lance Mindheim, Mike Rose and Ramon Rhodes.  Great location and hotel.  Well worth the trip.  I recommend attending a RPM meet.  It will definitely get the juices flowing.  I'm helping out with one coming up in September near Baltimore.

The Mid Atlantic RPM meet
www.marpm.org

Lance Mindheim's presentation

Mike Rose's presentation

Eric Hansmann's presentation
Ted Dilorio

Ted Dilorio's GRS and Ramon Rhodes BNSF

Kenny Corden

Even vehicles do make the display room.  Lots of them this year.

My stuff crammed into a small space.  

Even some half completed items

More great looking vehicles



Butch Eyler's amazing work!

More Butch Eyler

Interesting switcher

Scale Trains made an appearance.  My do those C39-8's look good!

No comments:

Post a Comment