Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Finally an update!

It's that time of the year when everything is is full go.  Yes, it must be September.  I'm back at work, the kids are in school and there's not a lot of modeling going on.  Heck, I'm reflecting on this past summer and I didn't really get anything done on the layout and had plenty of time.  It seems that is my biggest and probably most blogged about topic: TIME!  No wonder everyone waits until there retired to get started in this hobby!  I will admit, my time management for my hobby is not the greatest.  I would really know how the guys with basement size layouts get it done?

Anyways, not a much has been happening this month, but I did get a few different things done, most before and during Labor Day.  Most were locomotive projects, which are my favorite.
Got this Proto S-2 off Ebay for $25 shipped and hardwired a decoder and added LED's to it.  It's already weathered too.  Now to find a need for it!

I rebuilt this Proto SW800 from parts I had.  So I decided to paint it up for a industrial switcher.  I also put sound in it ans the sound decoder I was going to but in a 70 tonner would fit but the loco ran very terrible so now I have a Cummins diesel in a SW800. 

The only layout work that happened was this addition on a turnout on the Orange end.  This spur will run through some hidden staging behind my control panel to a small aggregate or sand hopper loading area. 

Another locomotive project that is close to the finish line.  About 4 years in the making.  It needs some dark weathering to hide the too light gray paint I applied!

Didn't know the Midland had a sister railroad in Florida?  Could not resist this locomotive!  

Picked up some more 7000 cuft woodchip hoppers.  If you don't know, these are hard to get and go for big bucks on Ebay.  I got these at great prices.


No comments:

Post a Comment