I've been wanting another diesel for the Midland and ready wanted a B40-8. I stumbled onto one at a show in April. The price tag was a real deal. It is in the GE red scheme so I blacked out the GE logos and did a simple VMID under the cab. Looks good and no reason for a short line to paint a engine that's got a newer paint job. I also put a Tsunami in it with the newer GE engine. So, the 808 is the second red engine on the VM roster.
|The VM #808 looks good in the red and yellow. Still need to weather it up.|
I also had a HH660 that was numbered 33 and was for a sand plant that was off the layout. This concept never took off and Battlefield yard took that area. I finally settled on it as "older power" for the Virginia Central. It's smaller engine and used when #3 & #5 are not functioning. I added a generic VC decal and this too has a Tsunami.
|HH660 #33 waits on the conductor for it's next move.|