Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Virginia Midland Shops on the layout

Well, I'm finally putting Virginia Midland Shops VMS on the actual layout.  Been trying to decide where exactly to put it on the layout.  I had a spot near the yard but it was cramped so I put in the industrial area.  I wanted it by the yard but I do not have the space.  So it will have to stay in the industrial area.  I wanted 2 tracks for the shop area but again, I could not figure out a configuration I wanted.  So I will stay with a one track lead.  This is mainly for small repairs for locos and cars as well as a fueling area.  It will have a small loco shop area.  So here are the pics:

Nothing special about this shop.  The Pikestuff kit is perfect.  Still I have lots of work to do on the area and the shop.

VM CF7 "Red Baron" #256 tries the shop out for size.  It's a tight fit.  I will probably raise up the foundation a little.  It's a close clearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment