Welcome!

This site is dedicated to my model railroad, the HO scale Virginia Midland Railroad. This layout comprises a 12X9 room with two levels. The upper level is complete and the lower level scenery has just begun.

I do a handful of train shows in the Virginia/Maryland region with Makin Tracks.
I also can help you find that freight car/locomotive or other hard to find item.

Email: virginiamidlandshops@gmail.com
You tube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Virginiamidlandrr/

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A new industry for the RVRR

Well spent last couple of weeks tying up loose ends.  Built a backdrop structure from scratch to act as a industry at the far end of the layout.  It somewhat a mill but could be any type general boxcar shipper.
Davenport #6 by the feed supply industry.

Added a open door to enhance the typical industry.  I need to add a figure and some sacks.

The typical customer at this feed supply store.

RVRR #7 picking up a boxcar.
I finally scratchbuilt a rooftop toolbox for the Climax.
I also completed the trestle and the support beams.  With the rock walls in place and dock drying in the garage as I type, I should be able to pour some realistic water tonight.  I scratchbuilt the dock (no pics).
The dock will be on the other side of the bridge.  That is tape in the foreground.  Got somehow control that Realistic Water from WS or you will have "realistic" mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment